The complexities and opportunities of personal finance require discipline, skill, and integrity to pursue and maintain financial independence. To help families and individuals work toward their goals, I have trained and served in the financial industry in varying capacities since 2000, with a focus on comprehensive financial planning and wealth management since 2006.
As your dedicated advisor, I will diligently seek to know you and your objectives, working together to arrive at balanced, sensible options. I have a fiduciary responsibility as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional to provide advice only in your best interest.
I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, Italy, and Utah, before settling in Arizona in 2004. I love spending time and making memories with my lovely wife and five children, serving in my church, and singing in choirs. Other pastimes include golf, skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and rooting for BYU and the San Francisco Giants!
- Member of Ed Slott’s Elite IRA Advisor GroupSM
- CFP® – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- AEP® – Accredited Estate Planner®
- ChFC® – Chartered Financial Consultant®
- CTFA – Certified Trust and Financial Advisor
- CLU® – Chartered Life Underwriter®
- CWS® – Certified Wealth Strategist®
FINRA Series 7 & 63 registrations through LPL Financial, Series 65 through Wealthcare Advisory Partners. State life and health insurance licenses. Licensed to work in AZ, CA, FL, UT, NY, WA.
RETIREMENT INCOME: developing optimal strategies for social security, pensions, and investment distributions throughout the retirement journey.
INVESTMENT PLANNING: developing appropriate risk-based portfolios in a complex global environment. Investment strategies must be constantly monitored and adjusted as dynamic situations evolve.
TAX ANALYSIS: analyzing and understanding the tax consequences of various investment products, strategies, and distributions.
ESTATE/LEGACY PLANNING: discussing appropriate strategies to plan for and preserve your estate.
RISK MANAGEMENT/INSURANCE PLANNING: analyzing the appropriate amount and type of insurance protection throughout the journey.
Wealth Management Experience:
- Wealth Advisor: FocalPoint Wealth Management: 2016 – Present
- Wealth Manager/Financial Planner: USAA Wealth Management, 2010 – 2016
- Financial Advisor: Bankers Retirement Solutions, 2009
- Financial Advisor: Ameriprise Financial, 2006 – 2009
- BA: Brigham Young University, 2001
- Financial Planning Certificate: Kaplan University, 2009
- MBA: University of Phoenix, 2011
- Board Member of Central Arizona Estate Planning Council
- Member of Delta Mu Delta – International Honor Society in Business
- Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America
- Bishop/Leader of local church congregation